August 4, 2014
Here is this week’s episode of New World Next Week, the video series from Corbett Report and Media Monarchy that covers some of the most important developments in open source intelligence news.
This episode is a particularly good round-up of many developments, including some positive ones, towards the end of the show.
Story #1: Obama Announces Expanded Sanctions Against Russia as EU Aligns
– Ukraine Economy Shrinks Faster as Conflict Takes Its Toll
– What Really Happened to MH-17? An Open Source Investigation
Go Here: http://www.corbettreport.com/what-really-happened-to-mh17-an-open-source-investigation/
– US May Send Military Aid To Ukraine
– Russia: US Claims on Nuclear Missiles Treaty Unfounded, We Have Questions Too
– Russia Ordered to Pay $51bn Over Yukos ‘Destruction’
– Putin Adviser: “There Is a War Coming in Europe”
– After Being Warned 17 Times, Israel Still Bombs Another UN School, 20 Killed This Time
– Israel Bombs UN Shelter in Gaza
– Libya Is Now Officially a Failed State (and on Fire) as Nations Abandon Embassies
– Pentagon Lost Track of More Than 40% of the Weapons Sent to Afghanistan
Story #2: FBI Crime Lab Unit Rife With Flawed Forensics (Corruption)
– The Mass Incarceration Problem in America
– Convicted Defendants Left Uninformed of Forensic Flaws Found by Justice Dept.
– Dr. Frederic Whitehurst on the FBI Crime Lab
Story #3: Applebee’s to Launch “No Tech Tuesdays”?
– Buffalo, Missouri Residents Vote to End Fluoridation by 70% Margin
– Monsanto Begins Compensating West Virginia Victims of Dioxin Exposure
– Wisborough Green Becomes First Village in Britain to Fight off Fracking
– California Removes Ban on Bitcoin, Other Alternative Currencies
– Jesse Ventura Wins $1.8 Million in Navy SEAL Defamation Case