February 5, 2014
Liner notes for this soon-to-be-released documentary:
‘Inhuman: The Next and Final Phase of Man is Here’ is not fiction or a mockudrama but a new investigative documentary from the internationally acclaimed Defender Films and Raiders News team. ‘Inhuman’ travels the globe to unveil for the first time how breakthrough advances in science, technology, and philosophy including cybernetics, bioengineering, nanotechnology, machine intelligence, and synthetic biology are poised to create mind-boggling game-changes to everything we have known until now about Homo sapiens.
As astonishing technological developments push the frontiers of humanity toward far-reaching morphological transformation (which promises, in the very near future, to redefine what it means to be human), an intellectual and fast-growing cultural movement known as transhumanism intends the use of these powerful new fields of science and technology as tools that will radically redesign our minds, our memories, our physiology, our offspring, and even perhaps, as Joel Garreau, Lincoln Professor of Law, claims, our immortal souls.
The technological, cultural, and metaphysical shift now underway unapologetically forecasts a near future dominated by this new species of unrecognizably superior humans, and applications under study now to make this dream a reality are being funded by thousands of government and private research facilities around the world.
As viewers will learn, this includes rewriting human DNA, combining human genetics with beasts, and interfacing our brains with strong artificial intelligence systems.
As a result, new modes of perception between things visible and invisible are expected to challenge bioethics in ways that are historically, sociologically and theologically unprecedented.
Without comprehending what is quickly approaching in related disciplines of research and development, vast numbers of individuals could soon be paralyzed by the most fantastic and far-reaching implications. The destiny of each individual, as well as the future of their families depends on their knowledge of this new paradigm, an unprecedented time in Earth’s history already being called the “Hybrid Age.”
Featuring (partial list):
* Dr. Thomas R. Horn, CEO, Defender Films, best-selling author
* Dr. James J. Hughes, Executive Director, Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies, former President, World Transhumanist Association.
* Dr. William B. Hurlbut, U.S. President’s Council on Bioethics, Consulting Professor of Neuroscience, Stanford University.
* Dr. Hugo de Garis, retired Director of the Artificial Brain Lab (ABL), Xiamen University, China; author, The Artilect War.
* Natasha Vita-More, adjunct professor, University of Advancing Technology, Fellow, Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies, CEO, Humanity+.
* Wesley J. Smith, Senior Fellow, Discovery Institute, special consultant for the Center for Bioethics and Culture.
* Dr. Chuck Missler, Technologist, Founder, Koinonia House.