Uploaded with Comments by MsMilkytheclown
July 12, 2011
Half-life of some radioactive elements:
* Cesium-134 ~ 2 years
* Cesium-137 ~ 30 years
* Iodine-131 ~ 8 days
* Plutonium-239 ~ 24,200 years
* Ruthenium-103 ~ 39 days [Ruthenium is a fission product of uranium-235.] * Ruthenium-106 ~ 374 days
* Strontium-90 ~ 28.85 years [Strontium-90 is a product of nuclear fission and is found
in large amounts in spent nuclear fuel and in radioactive waste from nuclear reactors.] * Uranium-234 ~ 246,000 years
* Uranium-235 ~ 703.8 million years
* Uranium-238 ~ 4.468 billion years
NOTE: Half-life is the time taken for a radioactive substance to decay by half.
NOTE: Single radiation dose of 2,000 millisieverts (200,000 millirems) and above causes serious illness.